Police Officer Entry Level Exam
City of Cleburne - Cleburne, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $47,249.00 annual
CITY OF CLEBURNE POLICE OFFICER ENTRY LEVEL WRITTEN TEST AND PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST Saturday, January 11, 2014; 8:00 a.m. (no one admitted after 8:00 a.m. TEST SITE: Cleburne Conference Center 1501 W. Henderson Cleburne, TX 76033 BENEFITS: Annual salary is $47,249.28 plus Life/Health/Dental Insurance, TMRS, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS: As prescribed by Chapter 143 Local Government Code
In lieu of a degree, must possess a high school diploma or GED and have any of the following:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and be able to read, write and fluently speak English.
- Must be 21 to 44 years of age at the time of test.
- Have a valid Texas or out-of-state driver’s license that is not in jeopardy of suspension or revocation at the date of hire.
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate.
- Preferably possess certification as a Peace Officer as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement at time of exam or must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university at the time of date of hire.
Applicants convicted of a felony under State, Federal, or military law will not be considered for employment. Applicants will not be considered for employment while charges are pending for any offense. Must pass the written Civil Service exam with a minimum score of 70 percent.
- At least three years of experience as a regular full time paid law enforcement officer performing police duties for a federal, state or local government entity in the United States within 18 months prior to submitting application; or
- At least three years of active duty military experience in the armed forces of the United States within 18 months prior to submitting application.
- A current Texas Peace Officer License and Intermediate Certification; or
- A current Texas Peace Officer License and a minimum of 20 college semester hour’s credit from an accredited college or university with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Military or law enforcement experience substituted for a degree must be verifiable.
- Official transcripts or other competent evidence of completion of the aforementioned academic requirements must be submitted with application.
- Candidates who pass the written exam will be subject to successful completion of the following: driver analysis; background investigation including submitting fingerprints for a criminal record check; typing test with a minimum of 30 wpm; medical examination, including drug testing; psychological evaluation; polygraph test; oral review board; and any other relevant investigations deemed necessary.
- Full eligibility requirements are outlined in our Civil Service rules available at www.cleburne.net.
- Age: : 21-44
- Education: : See Job Description
- Experience: : See Job Description
Applications may be picked up at City Hall or downloaded from our website at www.cleburne.net. Applications and required documents must be on file in Human Resources by 5:00 PM, December 27, 2013. Applications will not be accepted after this date and time, NO EXCEPTIONS. APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Copy of:
and include a copy of the following (if you possess):
- Driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED
To receive veteran’s points, a copy of the DD214 (Member-4) Form showing honorable discharge with at least 180 consecutive days of duty service, must be submitted with the application.
- Proof of Texas Peace Officer Certification
- Copy of college degree and/or college transcript
- Proof of Texas Peace Officer Intermediate Certification