Henrico County Police Division - Henrico, Virginia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,032.00 annual
- Performs law enforcement duties in an assigned area during a specific period; assists in investigations of criminal offenses and in the apprehension of criminals; does related work as required.
- Ability to be courteous yet firm with the public and to be alert
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Ability to understand and to carry out complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to drive an automobile
- Ability to learn how to use firearms
- Good powers of observation and memory
- Excellent moral character
- Physical condition that permits the activities necessary in and inherent to the police officer profession
- Good written communication skills to properly prepare accurate case-related paperwork and render accurate paperwork related to all job assignment activities
- Good oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
You apply for positions with Henrico County general government through our on-line applicant system, which is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week with an Internet connection. Please access our job site portal through www.henricojobs.com or register (new applicants) or login (returning applicants) to this site from the home page.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Graduation from High School or GED
- Experience: : Prior experience not required
Individuals with knowledge of and familiarity with the Henrico County area are preferred. The Henrico County Police Division has a tattoo policy which states tattoos on the hands, ears, head, face or neck are prohibited. Tattoos on all other parts of the body shall be covered by issued clothing or by utilizing commercially available cosmetics or fabric covers made for the purpose of covering tattoos. These products must be of a skin tone color and be neutral in appearance. This policy applies while the member is on duty, representing in an official capacity, or engaged in law enforcement secondary employment, regardless of whether the member is in uniform or otherwise attired. The Henrico County Police Division has a tobacco policy which states all sworn Police Officers and Animal Protection Police Officers shall refrain from smoking or the use of any tobacco products while on duty or off duty. You must be 21 years of age or older by the hire date to be eligible for this position. The projected hire date for this process is July 14, 2014. The physical training program for the Police Academy is demanding. In order for recruits to be successful in the academy they must be in good physical condition upon entry. Applicants who are not in good physical condition should begin a personal fitness program immediately.
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Virginia.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Requires a pre-employment physical examination and/or medical tests administered by Henrico County Employee Health Services, the components of which are based on and appropriate to the specific sensory and/or physical demands of the job.
- Our vision requirement is uncorrected vision greater than 20/100 (20/100 must correct to 20/40 in both eyes).