University Police Officer
The University of Kansas Medical Center - Kansas City, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $36,000.00 annual
- This position is a fully commissioned law enforcement officer for the State of Kansas.
- This position is responsible for providing law enforcement, public safety and service to the University of Kansas Medical Center and surrounding communities.
- This position is expected to provide a full range of protective services that will support the University's mission of an environment conducive for education, health care, research and employment.
Per KSA, candidates must submit and successfully complete a background investigation, medical and psychological examinations, and a physical fitness assessment. Preferred Qualifications: Two (2) years experience in general law enforcement or two (2) years education in criminology at the college level. Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of law enforcement. Apply online at pa124.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=183514
- As per State specifications.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to fulfill requirements of an approved Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver's license (corrective lenses acceptable).
- Requires use of firearms; therefore to be eligible, candidates cannot have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime per 18 U.S.C. 992(g)(8)(9).
- Must be eligible to attend a basic law enforcement training program acceptable to KLETC or already be certified as a law enforcement officer.
- Candidates must take and pass a drug screen test as mandated by the State.
- Age: : NA
- Education: : Highschool or GED equivalent
- Experience: : NA