Teton County Sheriff's Office - Jackson, Wyoming
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $41,146.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $58,706.00 annual
The Teton County Sheriff's Office is hiring for the position of deputy sheriff in patrol. It is open to lateral (experienced) and non-lateral applicants. The successful candidate will display a service attitude and a desire to serve the public; show a level of tolerance for those of different values; posses exceptional, collaborative leadership and compliant skills; a flexibility in style; good listening and communication skills; have an air of approachability; posses a history of initiating and supporting new ideas and solutions to problems; be a team player; maintain a progressive approach to law enforcement; computer and technologically astute; have a history of strong community involvement and an excellent working relationship with fellow employees and outside agencies; and be an all around decent person with a sense of humor, is honest, has an open mind and the ability to work well with people and react correctly in difficult situations. Starting annual salary is $$41,146. Salary for lateral applicants will be determined after experience and qualifications are examined and verified. Please see the salary matrix for Teton County. Deputies are considered pay band 7. The physical agility test will begin at 7:30 am, Monday, January 6, 2014, with the written test for successful candidates to follow the same day. There will be a reception for successful candidates that evening, families welcome. Oral boards for those who successfully complete all testing will begin at 8:00 am, Tuesday, January 7, 2014 and may continue to Wednesday, January 8, 2014, dependent upon the number of candidates.
If the successful candidate is a lateral from outside the State of Wyoming, they will be required to graduate from the Wyoming Criminal Law and Procedures course held at the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy in Douglas, WY. Non-experienced personnel will be required to attend and pass the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy's Peace Officer's Basic Training in Douglas, WY. Deputy Sheriffs currently enjoy the benefits of a 4/10 plan, take home patrol car, on-duty work out time and may participate in a department ski program. County benefits include:
Successful applicants are employed on a probationary status for a period of one (1) year. Applications may be obtained at the Teton County Sheriff's Office or you may print the PDF application from the link below. Please review the fitness standards and be advised, we are at 6,000 feet! Application can be hand delivered or mailed to Teton County Sheriff's Office Attn: Sgt Wilson P. O. Box 1885 Jackson, WY 83001 Deadline for submitting applications is 5:00 pm, Monday, December 23, 2013. PO Box 1885Jackson, WY 83001 Email: email@example.com Phone: 307-733-4052 Teton County is an equal opportunity employer.
- 80 hours of paid vacation per year (120 hours at 5 years, 160 hours at 10 years)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- medical insurance
- paid Wyoming retirement (county contributes 11.25 % / employee 5.95%) and life insurance.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School grad or GED equivalent
- Experience: : none
Minimum job qualifications are as follows:
- Education: High School or GED equivalent.
- Show proof of being 21 years of age.
- Show proof of a valid driver's license.
- Pass a physical agility test. Must maintain good physical fitness while employed with the Teton County Sheriff's Office.
- Pass an oral interview by a review board consisting of departmental personnel and community representatives.
- Complete a pre-investigative questionnaire, personal history statement, medical history statement and produce required documents on a document transmittal sheet with a signed release giving access to personal and confidential information.
- Sign a "conditional offer of employment"
- Submit to a polygraph test and a written and oral psychological evaluation.
- Complete a full background investigation with submission of your fingerprints for Federal, State and local clearances.
- Pass a physical and medical exam by a doctor of our choice.