Sitka Police Department - Sitka, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $26.71 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $26.71 hourly
The Sitka Police Department (SPD) is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on an ongoing basis. We are currently hiring for a Spring 2014 academy. The employee occupying this position is responsible for enforcing all City, State and Federal laws within the jurisdiction of the City and Borough of Sitka. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The APSC F-3 Police Application Form and job description may be obtained from the City and Borough Sitka's website www.cityofsitka.com or by contacting Human Resources at (907)747-1816 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- conducting patrol duties
- apprehending suspects and taking statements
- responding to emergencies
- directing traffic
- investigating crimes
- preparing documents and drafting search warrants
- preparing police reports
If you are currently a certified police officer with another department and are interested in attending a lateral academy, please call us at 907-747-3245. Deferred Compensation Plans.
- Accrued Paid Time Off.
- Union representation.
- State of Alaska PERS Tier IV.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for Employee and Dependents.
- Age: : Must be at least 21 years old
- Education: : High School graduation or possession of a GED certificate
- Experience: : No police experience necessary, but desired
- Must meet minimum standards of Alaska Police Standards Council for Police Officers
- Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Must be a U. S. citizen or resident alien
- Must be able to observe situations analytically and objectively and to record them clearly and completely
- Must be able to react quickly and calmly in emergencies
- Must be able to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to develop skill in the use and care of firearms.
- 12 hour shifts. 4 on/3 off, 3 on/4 off.