Part-Time 911 Call Taker
City of Avondale - Avondale, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.05 hourly
CITY OF AVONDALE 11465 W CIVIC CENTER DR, SUITE 240 AVONDALE, ARIZONA 85323 www.avondale.org Updated: December 05, 2013 Classification: 911 Call Taker The City of Avondale has openings for part time (19 hours), FLSA non-exempt 911 Call Takers. These grant funded positions are funded for one year and are non-benefited. The online application must be submitted by December 19, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST (Arizona Time) and the last available test date with National Testing Network is December 21, 2013. Salary Range:
- Minimum: $18.05/hr.
- Maximum: $26.17/hr.
- Applicant Contact Person: Callie McGraw, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org Department Information: Avondale is growing rapidly which brings increased demand for public safety services. The Police Department has adopted a philosophy of Community Oriented Policing to aid in serving the public and is guided by Arizona Revised Statutes, by Avondale Municipal Codes, and by the Police Department’s Vision, Mission, and Values. We offer a variety of career opportunities for sworn and civilian police employees. The future is very bright for Avondale in terms of economic development and residential growth, all of which equates to a well trained professional city government system with a professional police department. The Avondale Police Department has: 115 sworn positions, 54 civilian positions and volunteer positions. If you are interested in joining an organization that takes pride in their work, focuses on teamwork, and strives to meet and maintain high professional standards, then we look forward to you joining our team! I wish you luck in your future career path. City/County/Area Information: Avondale is a modern city, near the heart of the Phoenix-metropolitan area. The population is expected to reach 123,000 by the year 2020. The anticipated build-out population is estimated to be 170,000 residents. That rapid growth makes Avondale one of the fastest-growing communities in the Valley, and the nation. Over the last decade, housing starts grew more than 700% with a current average home price of $200,000. Household income has steadily increased and is currently estimated at $72,024. Population: 81,000
To schedule pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. Applicants will need to fill out the City of Avondale application as part of the hiring process. Applications and job posting information can be found at www.avondale.org. Click Employment Opportunities to find current job openings.For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882.
- Age: " TBA
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Entry
- US Citizen: Yes or lawfully work in the US.
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid ARIZONA State Driver's License: Valid (AZ) Driver’s License
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Prior Experience: Call taking experience preferred but not required. Two years customer service and/or data-entry/computer experience is preferred.