Deputy Sheriff-Intermediate Lateral
Spokane County Sheriff's Office - Spokane, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,687.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $4,033.00 monthly
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Including but not limited to): Perform general law enforcement work in maintaining the peace, in the protection of life and property and enforcement of the law; to prevent or investigate law violations and accidents. Patrol in assigned area by car or other vehicle; operate other Sheriff vehicles as required. Apprehend those who have committed criminal offenses, perform initial investigation of crime scenes, maintain security of area, transport criminals, serve legal papers under the direction of the courts of Spokane County, interrogate witnesses and suspects. May be assigned to any division in the Sheriff’s Office. PRIMARY AND ESSENTIAL TASKS This list includes, but is not limited to, the following primary and essential tasks:
A. POWERS OF ARREST AND CONTROL B. SELF DEFENSE/USE OF FORCE C. DEADLY FORCE (when necessary) D. MOTOR VEHICLE ENFORCEMENT E. EMERGENCY VEHICLE OPERATION - BOTH DAY AND NIGHT DRIVING REQUIRED F. EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE G. CRIME SCENE RESPONSE H. CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION I. SPECIAL OPERATIONS J. PHYSICAL TASKSBEHAVIORAL STANDARDS Respectful and courteous to citizens, co-workers and County leadership. A team player that helps the organization meet its objectives. Effectively communicates with all people. Positively represents the County, maintaining the trust County residents have placed in each of us. Demonstrates honest and ethical behaviors.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of our complete application packet. Application and further information are available on the Sheriff's website, www.spokanecounty.org/sheriff. This position will start at the Academy Graduate salary of $4,033.80/month & benefits. Applications are being accepted to establish an eligibility list to fill potential openings. This position requires applicant be a graduate of the WA Criminal Justice Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Experience as a deputy is not required. TEST WEIGHTS: Physical Ability Test 10% Oral Boards 90% APPLICATION PACKETS Submit the following documents to Civil Service when filing:
Application packets without the attached documents listed above will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Civil Service Application
- Copies of all training records applicable to position
- Basic academy certificate (copy)
- Sealed official high school and college transcripts
- Application for Veterans Preference with copy of DD-214, if applicable
- Current driver’s license (copy)
- Social security card (copy)
- Birth certificate (copy of state/county issued, not hospital copy)
- Non-refundable $15.00 processing fee (check or money order payable to SCCSC; no cash will be accepted).
This is a union position and, as a condition of employment, the selected individual is required to join. Physical Ability Test: All applicants are required to qualify on the physical ability standards of the Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Physical ability test date to be determined.
- Must be at least 21, a citizen of the United States; able to read and write the English language.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Must have successfully completed the WSCJTC Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
- Height and weight proportional and sufficient for physical restraint of suspects.
- Vision at least 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20 in the good eye, 20/30 in the lesser eye. No color vision deficiencies. Normal hearing in voice tones from 500 to 2000 Hz.
- Applicant must have and retain valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must qualify through background review including integrity interview.
- Applicant must provide copy of current certification and training records.
- If not currently working in law enforcement, applicant must have been separated from previous agency for less than two years.
- Upon conditional offer of appointment, applicant shall be subject to medical, polygraph, and psychological examination.
- Applicant is not currently on an entry-level list with the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office or has not tested for an entry-level position for this department for the duration of the current lateral entry list.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : HS/GED
- Experience: : N/A
This position requires applicant be a graduate of the WA Criminal Justice Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Experience as a deputy is not required.
Spokane County Civil Service
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!