Police Officer Recruit
Waco Police Department - Waco, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,546.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $46,503.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $64,129.00 annual
- Participate in a variety of law enforcement activities by arresting offenders and suspects for traffic and criminal offenses
- appearing in court for criminal, civil, and other law enforcement related matters
- investigating complaints and violations; performing work related to juveniles
- vice and narcotics
- reporting abandoned or damaged vehicles
- patrolling campus locations
- serving subpoenas
- taking prisoners to court
- and performing crime prevention activities such as patrol
- educating citizens, etc.
- Perform administrative duties by preparing a variety of statistical and narrative reports regarding special assignments, events, functions, crimes and activities; and attending roll call briefings and administrative meetings.
- Communicate with other law enforcement agencies and citizens by cooperating with agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of offenses, interacting with citizens regarding existing and potential law enforcement and crime prevention problems, and by responding to requests and inquiries from the general public.
- Follow city and departmental policies and procedures.
Patrol Work Shift: Four day work week /10 hour work day. (Off Friday thru Sunday six months out of the year).
- 18 days paid vacation (based on 8 hours days)
- 9 paid holidays(based on 8 hours days)
- Sick Leave
- Paid Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Physical Wellness Program
- 20 year Retirement
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Uniforms and Equipment provided
- Shift Differential Pay
- Longevity Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Age: : 21 - 44
- Education: : 15 college hours
- Experience: : N/A
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age by academy start date and not have reached 45th birthday by entrance exam date.
- H.S. diploma/G.E.D. and have completed at least 15 hrs at an accredited institution of higher education (at least a 2.0 GPA / 4.0 scale); or an honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces after at least 24 months of continuous active duty service; or 24 months continuous experience as a paid, full-time police officer.
- Vision at least 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20. Normal peripheral vision and free from color blindness.
- Normal hearing in both ears.
- Valid Texas driver’s license by start of academy and a good driving record.
- Not currently under indictment for any criminal offense.
- Not ever been convicted of and/or received a deferred judgment for a felony.
- Not ever been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years.
- Not ever been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years.
- Never been convicted of any family violence offense.
- Military service - discharge must be under honorable conditions.