Patrol / Police Officer
Mountain Home Police - Mountain Home, Idaho
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $2,809.00 monthly
The City of Mtn. Home IS SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF Police Officer Opening Date: December 13, 2013 Closing Date: January 15,, 2014 @ 5 p.m. THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN HOME IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE ABOVE POSITION IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. SALARY: $2,809 (Per Month) with benefits THE CITY MOUNTAIN HOME IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF OPENINGS FOR THE ABOVE POSITION. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING CAREER IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND SERVING YOUR COMMUNITY, THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU. QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Must possess the strength and physical ability necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. You must pass an Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training physical fitness test. VISION AND HEARING: You must meet the minimum vision and hearing requirements as defined by the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training. OTHER REQUIREMENTS: All candidates are required to pass the following to be considered for appointment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College preferred
- Must have a State issued driver’s license; Idaho driver’s license at time of hire.
- No felony convictions
Applications may be obtained at the Mountain Home Police Department, 2775 East 8th North Mountain Home, Idaho 83647 or at www.mhpd.net/careers.asp. For more information you may visit the Police Department website at www.mhpd.net. Send letters of interest telling why you think you are the right person for the position along with a completed application and resume to Sgt. Rick Viola, Mountain Home Police at 2775 East 8th North, Mountain Home, ID 83647 or email email@example.com. Forms and Full job description are available on the Police Department website.
- Physical fitness test
- Written exam
- Interview with a board of officers
- Background investigation
- Polygraph exam
- Psychological evaluation
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- If hired, you must live within a fifteen (15) mile radius of the police department.
- If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you must also pass a medical exam and take a drug test.
- Age: : At least 21
- Education: : College Preferred
- Experience: : Entry Level / Law Enforcement Preferred
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!