Houston Police Department - Houston, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $35,164.00 annual
If you are in search of a rewarding career in law enforcement that offers exceptional benefits, look no further than the Houston Police Department. The Houston Police Department is the most professional police organization in the country. It offers exceptional benefits and stable employment to its 5200 police employees. The Houston Police Department is the fourth largest police agency in the nation. With more than 45 divisions, the career opportunities are limitless. For more information regarding career opportunities and requirements, please visit our website at www.hpdcareer.com. If you have specific questions please contact Officer K. Yorek at 713 308-1303.
You must have at least one of the following three qualifications:
- At least 48 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university with at minimum of a 2.0 grade point average (Please Note: “Developmental” or “Remedial” classes do count towards the minimum 48 credit hours) (OR)
- A minimum of two years active duty in the United States armed forces and received an honorable discharge(OR)
- At least five years of full-time employment as a peace officer licensed by TCOLE or an equivalent licensing entity in another state. (Additional requirements are applicable - please visit www.hpdcareer.com to review all).
- Age: : 21 - 44 (cannot reach 45th birthday oath)
- Education: : applicats that do not qualify on active military or LE expience must possess 48 semester hours from an accredited college /university with a 2.0 GPA.
- Experience: : none
- Must be between the ages of 20 ? - 44 years of age. (Applicants must be 21 prior to graduating the academy and must not turn 45 prior to graduating the academy.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must never have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class A Misdemeanor or Felony.
- Must not have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class B Misdemeanor within the past 10 years.
- Must Pass a Physical Agility Test.
- Must pass a reading comprehension test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Driving record should reflect prudence and maturity.
- Former military personnel must not have been convicted of any court-martial higher than a summary.
- Must have a stable credit history, family background and employment background (Please Note: Any accounts in collections must be resolved prior to submitting your application
Officer Kenneth Yorek