Chief of Police
Wittenberg University - Springfield, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $55,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $65,000.00 annual
Job Description: The Chief of Police will plan, organize, direct, coordinate and evaluate all campus law enforcement in an effort to maximize protection of life and property, protect persons in jeopardy from unlawful attack or other cause, and preserve campus safety. Additionally, the Chief will respond with sensitivity and expediency to university security needs, ensure provision of essential public safety and community service programs, enforce all local, state and federal laws, and adhere to university policies and procedures. The Chief of Police is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Clark county residency is required. The successful candidate will:
- Design, develop, implement and manage services and programs that support and respond to the safety and security needs of the university community.
- Develop and implement department goals, policies, and procedures. Disseminate rules and regulations for the department.
- Examine and continuously improve departmental operations and campus safety, recommend new strategies and procedures, and ensure the preparation and analysis of operational reports.
- Oversee the maintenance of a comprehensive statistical data reporting system.
- Manage and impart information to a range of constituents and/or media sources.
- Conduct and coordinate investigative duties.
- Serve as university liaison with local law enforcement authorities.
- Manage security/police personnel in accordance with university policy and in accordance with the Union contract. Organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an aggressive prevention program for the campus community. Ensure on-going assessment of the campus area with an immediate response to conditions that compromise security.
- Foster and maintain positive communication with faculty, staff, students and other university constituents in an effort to share security information, promote public relations and support the university community.
- Prepare departmental budget requests and effectively manage annual departmental budget.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of emergency/disaster recovery plans.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Application Instructions: We require candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please click on, or copy/paste this link into your browser: wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=45686 Then, upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources at 937-327-7517. Additional Information: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number of three professional references
- OPOTA certification
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Please apply online via this link: wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=45686
- Experience: : See Additional Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED and OPOTA certification are required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid Ohio Driver's License.
- Applicants must be able to pass the following tests/screenings: drug screen, written skills, psychological fitness, and background records check.
- A minimum of 6 years law enforcement experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility and a minimum of 3 years law enforcement managerial and supervisory experience are required.