Mauldin Police Department - Mauldin, South Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $30,148.00 annual
Job Description The uniformed patrol function is the backbone of the City of Mauldin Police Department. It is the most visible of all divisions, and members assigned to patrol are primarily in marked patrol cars. The primary duties of the Uniform Patrol Division are the preservation of the rights of citizens, the reduction of fear of crime within the community, the maintenance of public order, and the protection of persons and property. Specifically, uniformed patrol officers:
All police officers are certified by the State of South Carolina, and many have received additional specialized training. Within the patrol division officers also serve in other assignments that are secondary to the uniformed patrol function. Those assignments include Field Training Officers, Drug Recognition Experts and K-9 Units.
- Respond to all calls for police service.
- Conduct thorough preliminary investigations of all offenses.
- Conduct follow-up investigations in cases where the responsibility is not yielded to another division.
- Apprehend offenders and recovers stolen property.
- Enforce laws and ordinances.
- Conduct crime prevention and suppression activities.
- Maintain close liaisons with the community and fosters positive police-community relations.
- Respond to non-criminal complaints.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : high school diploma or GED
- Experience: : none