Bucyrus Police Department - Bucyrus, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.98 hourly
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER BUCYRUS, OHIO The City of Bucyrus, Ohio will conduct examinations to establish an eligibility list for the position of entry level Police Officer. Applicants must be age 21 at time of written exam and not yet 35 by date of hire. Applications are available in the Police Department at Bucyrus City Hall, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820, or on line at www.cityofbucyrusoh.us beginning January 20, 2014. The application deadline is February 28, 2014. The application package must include all required documentation and a $15.00 nonrefundable examination fee (cash or money order only, payable to Bucyrus Civil Service Commission.) Failure to return a complete application package will disqualify the applicant. Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training certification is required at time of hire. A copy of the certification or an academy letter of current basic training enrollment and expectation to obtain certification by time of hire must be included in the package. Applicants claiming extra credit for military service must submit a certificate of satisfactory military service or honorable discharge with their application. Mandatory physical fitness testing for all applicants will be conducted March 9, 2014 and individual interviews will be conducted on March 16, 2014 (time and location to be announced). A mandatory written Civil Service Exam will be administered on March 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm. A score of 70% or greater is required as a passing score for the Civil Service exam. The current starting wage is $18.98 per hour. The competitive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision plans and Ohio Police and Fire Pension Plan. Bucyrus Police Department/Bucyrus Civil Service Commission The City of Bucyrus is an equal opportunity/ADA employer
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER BUCYRUS, OHIO The City of Bucyrus, Ohio will conduct examinations for the position of entry level Police Officer for the Bucyrus Police Department to establish an eligibility list. The Bucyrus Police Department serves the City of Bucyrus, which has a population of approximately 12,500 people and an area of 12 square miles. Bucyrus is located 60 miles north of Columbus on St. Rt. 4. The Department has an authorized strength of 22 sworn officers, plus civilian employees. Bucyrus has a progressive and pro-active department working in a community oriented policing system. We are seeking candidates with a strong desire to enter into and excel in the law enforcement profession. Employment includes a competitive benefits package with medical, dental, vision and the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Plan. Starting wage is 18.98 per hour with step increases and longevity pay. REQUIREMENTS:
Applications can be obtained at the Bucyrus Police Department, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820 or downloaded at www.cityofbucyrusoh.us beginning January 20, 2014. Applications can be submitted in person, or by U.S. Mail, no later than February 28, 2014. Applicants must include payment of a non-refundable $15 examination fee (cash or money order only, payable to Bucyrus Civil Service Commission.) Failure to have application complete or return the application within the stated guidelines will disqualify the applicant from further testing. THE CITY OF BUCYRUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA EMPLOYER BUCYRUS POLICE DEPARTMENT 500 S. SANDUSKY AVE. BUCYRUS, OH (419-562-1006)
- A citizen of the United States of America.
- Age 21 at time of written examination and not yet 35 years of age by the date of hire.
- High School graduate, or equivalent, and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a physical fitness test based on Dr. Kenneth Cooper’s Institute Research. (criteria to pass fitness test is included in application, page 18)
- Must participate in oral and written interviews.
- Must pass a Civil Service written examination with a passing score of 70% or higher.
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation.
- Psychological examination, physical and vision testing.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Peace Officers Basic Training certificate or an academy letter of basic training enrollment with date of expected academy completion and certification by time of hire based on Civil Service guidelines. Applicants can also claim extra credit for military service. Copies of the Ohio Peace Officers Training certificate or academy letter and a certificate of satisfactory military service or honorable discharge must be submitted with the application.
- Mandatory physical fitness testing for all applicants will be conducted March 9, 2014 and individual interviews will be conducted on March 16, 2014 (time and location to be announced). A mandatory Civil Service Exam will be administered on March 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm. A score of 70% or greater is required as a passing score for the Civil Service exam. Bring valid photo I.D. To fitness testing
- Age: : 21-35
- Education: : High School Diploma, Ohio Peace Officer Certified or student expecting to obtain certification.
- Experience: : none required