Investigator - Police Corporal
Alamosa Police Department - Alamosa, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $32,240.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $32,240.00 annual
- $42,640.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $49,920.00 annual
General Statement of Duties: The Investigative Services Corporal has a dual role; to perform his/her responsibilities as a criminal investigator and to perform first line supervisory work in the absence of the Support Services Captain. A complete job description is available upon request. Essential Functions:
- Assigns work to subordinate personnel including the assignment of follow-up investigation case loads.
- Conducts primarily lengthy complex criminal investigations, i.e. homicide, arson, serious assaults, child abuse, and other felonies. Investigations include; interviews of suspects, witnesses, and victims. Searches for evidence of criminal acts. Writes comprehensive and detailed reports of findings and actions. Effects physical arrests and attends required training when necessary.
- Analyze and corroborate legal and agency documents and records in support of criminal investigations pertaining to complex crime activities.
- Writes affidavits, warrants, case filing and subpoenas for presentation to district attorneys, grand juries, and trial courts. Gives testimony in court and makes recommendations regarding prosecution to district attorneys relating to complex criminal investigations.
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates criminal intelligence pertaining to known and suspected offenders by gathering information from various sources.
- Review reports, records and cases submitted by other law enforcement personnel to insure the accuracy, completeness and thoroughness of reports and/or the initial and/or follow up investigations of criminal incidents.
- Serves as a resource person for other law enforcement personnel in the solution of criminal investigative matters.
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication with other law enforcement personnel, criminal justice system personnel, and command officers.
- May recommend disciplinary actions for consideration by command officers for subordinates.
Application Procedure: Complete and return a City of Alamosa Employment Application and Police Officer Addendum by February 21, 2014. Forms can be found online at www.cityofalamosa.org. Accompanying resumes and cover letters will be accepted, but are not required. For additional Information, contact Manager Kristi Duarte at (719) 589-2548 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org Screening Process Includes:
Posting Date: January 24, 2014 Salary Range:
- Application screening to determine mandatory minimum qualifications
- Technical Skills Exercise and Interview
- Law Enforcement Background Investigation
- If a conditional employment offer is made, the selected candidate will be required to submit to drug/alcohol screening, psychological testing, and a medical screening
- $20.50 to $24.00 per hour (annualized $42,640 to $49,920, assuming a 40-hour work week)
- Starting pay DOQ
- Full benefits, including health insurance and dental insurance
- Age: : Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education: : High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: : Possess at least 5 years of law enforcement experience as a certified police officer
- Possess a valid Colorado driver’s license, be Colorado POST Certified or Certifiable, and be a credible witness in court. Must pass all testing and screening requirements established at the time of application.
- Associate’s degree or above is preferred. Specialized criminal investigative training is a plus.
- Possess at least five years of law enforcement experience as a certified peace officer; with at least two years in a criminal investigative assignment preferred.