Training and Community Relations Coordinator
Town of Palm Beach Police Department - Palm Beach, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $24.60 hourly
The Training and Community Relations Coordinator position is an exempt supervisory position responsible for the coordination of media relations and the coordination of department wide training. The position is responsible for facilitating training for sworn officers including the coordinating of training to ensure legal compliance. This work will include preparing training and lesson plans, evaluating existing programs, and ensuring that training records are maintained properly. This position will prepare and deliver media public information, administer the uniforms and equipment as the department's Quartermaster, and coordinate Special Assignment Overtime.
- Academic minimum of an Associate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of five years related experience in training and/or media relations; law enforcement or related professional field strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience and training in developing, implementing and facilitating training for police officers.
- Preferred experience and training in public information/media relations, and/or crime prevention practices.
- Preferred certified instructor through the Criminal Justice Standard and Training Commission (CJSTC) with areas of defensive tactics, firearms, police driving and human diversity preferred.
- Within one year of hire date, if available, must successfully complete 40-hour certification classes on: Residential Security; Commercial Security; and Developing and Managing Crime Prevention Programs as approved by the police department.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Employees in this classification may be asked to perform other duties not explicitly described above but within the scope of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities contained herein.
- Age: : 18
- Education: : Associate Degree
- Experience: : Five years related experience in training and/or media relations
Apply to the Town of Palm Beach Human Resources Department by going to www.townofpalmbeach.com, click on the Employment tab, and select the job title you are interested in. Register as an applicant and complete the two page application listed on the job announcement under required documents. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.