City of Commerce City - Commerce City, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $53,266.00 annual
- A Police Officer performs general and specific law enforcement functions within the municipal environment.
- Observes and acts upon circumstances which call for law enforcement intercession.
- Work involves responding to complaint calls, investigating crimes, mediating civil disputes, preparing reports and patrolling the City in an official vehicle to deter crime or apprehend violators or suspects, enforcing traffic laws, collecting and submitting evidence related to crimes, testifying in court and training new personnel.
- Exercises responsibility for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare.
- Exercises independent judgment in dealing with dangerous or unusual situations, exercising safety practices and procedures.
- Works under high-risk conditions.
Commerce City, a dynamic, diverse community with a growing future, places great emphasis on providing a safe environment to residents and members of the industrial and business sector, and enthusiastically acknowledges the essential contribution and dedication of its police officers. The Commerce City Police Department subscribes to the concept of community oriented policing and is looking for candidates who have experience with, and an understanding of, this concept with demonstrable communication and problem solving skills with an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : HS/GED
- Experience: : Colorado POST certified
Candidates must possess a valid CO driver’s license and P.O.S.T certified or be P.O.S.T. certified by hire date. Current academy students who anticipate graduating in May are encourage to apply. Law enforcement, military experience and/or sixty semester credit hours is preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred with pay available for qualified individual. Candidates for this position will be required to undergo a written exam (cost $30.00), oral board, voice stress analysis, a rigorous background investigation, pre-employment drug, medical and psychological examinations. Candidates will need to submit official transcripts as a part of the background investigation.