Sitka Police Department - Sitka, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $26.71 hourly
- $27.37 hourly
The Sitka Police Department (SPD) is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on an ongoing basis. There are currently 3 open positions. Preference will be given to applicants who have current certification as a Police Officer. RESPONSIBILITIES:The employee occupying this position is responsible for enforcing all City, State and Federal laws within the jurisdiction of the City and Borough of Sitka. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: conducting patrol duties; apprehending suspects and taking statements; responding to emergencies; directing traffic; investigating crimes; preparing documents and drafting search warrants; and preparing police reports. BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Union representation
- State of Alaska PERS Tier IV
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for Employee and Dependents
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Uniforms and Equipment Provided with the exception of boots
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Graduation or GED
- Experience: : Entry-none; lateral-2 years
- The person selected for this position should have the following experience and/or training.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the date of appointment; and an U. S. Citizen.
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited high school or possess a GED equivalent, preferably supplemented by additional college level courses related to criminal justice
- Applicants must possess or have the ability to obtain (within eighteen months of employment) a Basic APSC certificate upon completion of the Police Academy and required period of service; preference will be given to applicants who have previously obtained a Basic APSC certificate.