Police Officer/Peace Officer Lateral Transfer
City of Phoenix - Phoenix, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $46,238.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $46,238.00 annual
- $46,238.00 annual
ABOUT THIS POSITION The vision of the Phoenix Police Department is to become the safest major city in the nation. We are committed to reaching our vision and improving the quality of life for members of our community by protecting our community from crime and the fear of crime through innovative, proactive crime-prevention tactics and aggressive response to criminal activity. Police Officers perform general duty police work in the protection of life and property through crime prevention and the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Successful applicants will be required to complete the City of Phoenix two-week post-academy. RECRUITMENT DATES Recruitment closes February 17, 2014. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date SALARY $22.23 (minimum) - $34.82 (maximum) hourly / $46,238 - $72,426 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications. HOW TO APPLY Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. This can be done by scanning your documents into a PDF file. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
REFERENCE Police Officer; JC #62210, ID #10271, 02/03/14, LN Benefits: 004, Q City of Phoenix employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: phoenix.gov/webcms/groups/internet/@inter/@dept/@hr/documents/web_content/info.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at 602-262-6277.
- All applicants must have at least one year of experience as a peace officer/deputy.
- One year dedicated to patrol duties (not including administrative and training assignments).
- Applicants cannot have been separated from a law enforcement agency for more than 12 months at the time of application.
- Arizona applicants must have at least one year of experience as a peace officer/deputy within the State of Arizona, must have an Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) certification that is in good standing, and must have successfully completed an AZ POST-certified peace officer law enforcement academy.
- Arizona applicants:A copy of your academy graduation certificate must be submitted with your resume
- Out-of-State applicants:A copy of your current state certification must be submitted with your resume.
- This is a 24-hour per day, 7-day per week operation. Employees are required to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Vacation and shift assignments are determined by seniority.
- Requires walking for prolonged periods which may include walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces.
- Requires working outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
- The City Of Phoenix conducts pre-employment screening for all positions. The screening may include a drug screening, criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, personal references and certifications. Other screenings may be conducted based on the level of responsibility, access, and requirements of the position or Department.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : GED/High School Diploma
- Experience: : 1 year