Experienced Police Officer
City of Urbana - Urbana, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $55,241.00 annual
The City of Urbana invites qualified applicants for the position of Experienced Police Officer. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others; possess excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and interpersonal skills; have a desire to help and serve others; demonstrate honesty and integrity; have close attention to detail; will be reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfill obligations; be able to tolerate highly stressful situations calmly and effectively; maintain composure and keep emotions in check, even in very difficult situations; be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace; and be understanding and helpful on the job. Successful candidates in this occupation will be comfortable following set procedures and routines, and a clear line of authority to follow; frequently working with, communicating with, and teaching people; helping or providing service to others; taking risks; leading others; and working with practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
For more information or to apply, visit: bit.ly/1bToey0. Position closes at 5 p.m. CST on 2/21/2014. The City of Urbana Welcomes Diversity! We foster an environment that values and encourages mutual respect, inclusion of all people, and utilizing differences and similarities as an organizational asset. EOE.
- Education: : Degree preferred
- Experience: : 2 yrs. as a full-time sworn street patrol officer
- Currently employed as a sworn police officer (or recently released or facing release, due to layoff or reduction in force, with the ability to be re-hired).
- Must meet a residency requirement of residing within a fifteen-mile radius of the City of Urbana within the 6-month probation period.
- U.S. Citizen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to help and serve others.
- Physically fit and ability to pass a medical and a physical agility exam.
- Able to pass required psychological and physical exams and background check.
- Certification by the State of Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board or its designated equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Currently employed as a full-time sworn police officer.
- Successful completion of an accredited full-time police academy.
- Knowledge typically acquired through completion of an associate's degree or equivalent college classes and credits or two (2) years active duty in the military with an honorable discharge.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!