Chief of Police
City of Protection - Protection, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33,000.00 annual
- Must achieve a 70% or better on the multiple choice, pre-employment test.
- Must pass the physical ability pre-employment test.
- Must be 21 years of age, high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, no dishonorable discharge from the US Armed Forces, United States citizen, a valid Kansas Driver’s License or be able to obtain a valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- Limited, but no recent drug usage, must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- No felony convictions, Must have a normal hearing and olfactory functions.
- Eyesight 20/20 or correctable to 20/20.
- Full color vision or correctable to full color vision.
- Night and peripheral vision required.
- Physical condition must be average to above average with weight proportion to height.
- Must be able to walk, run stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to transverse or climb irregular surfaces.
- Must not have any physical or emotional conditions which would hamper performance of the job.
- Responsible and stable in past employments, financial history, personal relationships and personality.
- Successfully complete the selection process before employment granted.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Applicants selected for employment must undergo psychological interview and medical examination.
- Shift work required.
- Interest in rural living community.
The City of Protection Kansas is in a rural setting in SW Kansas with all base services and our population is est. 550. Great location with small community values. The City of Protection, Ks is searching for a law enforcement and safety conscious police officer with common sense and reports to the City of Protection Council.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Diploma and or CPOST trained
- Experience: : HS Diploma and or CPOST trained
Must be 21 year of age, high school diploma or trained through CPOST with no dishonorable discharge from the US Armed Forces, United States citizen, a valid Kansas Driver's License or be able to obtain a valid Kansas Driver's License.
Sue Murphey City Clerk
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!