Emergency Services Dispatcher
Pueblo Police Department - Pueblo, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $2,945.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $4,005.00 monthly
The City of Pueblo is taking applications for Emergency Services Dispatcher through March 9, 2014. Emergency Services Dispatchers perform critical public contact and communication work necessary for dispatching police, fire, and emergency medical services to emergency and non-emergency situations. As the first point of contact with the public via the emergency 911 lines and other telephone lines, the candidate in this position must obtain information from callers who may be injured, confused, hysterical, frightened, or abused. This position requires employees to work in highly stressful, emergency situations where injury or death of individuals might occur as a result of an error. Please visit our web site at www.pueblo.us/jobs for additional information and application instructions.
- Age: : 18
- Education: : High school or equivalent
- Experience: : 1 yr
The candidate must have the following by date of application:
- A high school diploma, G.E.D., or higher education completion
- One (1) year of successful demonstrated experience in a fast-paced customer service work environment that includes multi-tasking, significant public contact, and multi-line telephone communications and
- One (1) year of successful demonstrated experience using computers and computer-related equipment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: At time of interview, all candidates must provide an original typing certificate from a verifiable agency dated within one year of interview which demonstrates the ability to type at least 35 words per minute with no errors. Candidates must be willing to submit to and pass the following post-conditional job offer requirements:
- Call Center or related experience and
- Experience with shift work.
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
- Drug screening
- Four (4) hour sit along with a dispatcher in the City of Pueblo Dispatch Center