City of McKinney - McKinney, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,890.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $52,516.00 annual
- $56,824.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,749.00 annual
The City of McKinney is now accepting applications for Police Officer Application and submittal: Written Exam Test Date: May 3, 2014; 8:30 am Physical Ability Test Date: May 3, 2014; Following written exam All qualified applicants will be notified of the testing details via e-mail and must have a current e-mail address. Applicants are not eligible to test if they have tested or failed any portion of the hiring process within the previous 6 months or if you do not meet the requirements of the new Tattoo Policy. (See tattoo policy below) Applications will be accepted until April 27, 2014, or until the maximum occupancy of 300 has been reached. Personal history statements will be distributed following successful completion of the written exam and physical ability test. The Police Officer position performs a wide variety of police and law enforcement activities. This includes providing public protection services on a routine basis; arbitrating disputes; protecting and recovering property; and patrolling the City of McKinney to prevent, detect and investigate criminal violations of federal, state and local laws. For Full Details and to apply online, visit our website at www.mckinneytexas.org or a direct link at: www.mckinneytexas.org/index.aspx?NID=1087
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or GED AND one of the following three requirements:
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Thirty (30) hours of college education from an accredited university or college with a 2.0 or higher overall grade point average (GPA)
- Two (2) years experience of active U.S. military service with an Honorable Discharge
- Two (2) years of full-time law enforcement service in the United States as a Police Officer, Jailer, Dispatcher or Corrections Officer.
Physical exam includes a vision and hearing test. Applicants must pass the hearing test and vision must be correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision. Meet all legal requirements for future licensing and certification required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). For a complete list of the state's licensing requirements please visit TCOLE at www.tcole.texas.gov
- Possess a Basic Peace Officer Certification from the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement Officer (TCOLE) OR have the ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess a valid Texas Class “C” driver’s license.
- Be a U.S. Citizen at time of application.
- Be 21 years of age at time of entrance exam.
- Be able to work various shifts including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Pass a physical examination and drug screen.
- Age: : 21 years old
- Education: : High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: : See above for details
- A class B conviction within the last 10 years
- A family violence conviction
- An incomplete or falsified applicant questionnaire
- An incomplete or falsified application
- Conviction of any offense above a class B misdemeanor
- Currently on probation or under indictment for any criminal offense
- Discharge from the military under less than honorable conditions including:
- Any other characterization of service indicating bad character
- Bad conduct
- Other than honorable condition
- Admission of illegal use of any kind within three years prior to the date of the entrance exam.
- Any illegal use of PCP or LSD regardless of time.
- Any illegal use of a felony grade substance as defined in the Texas Penal Code or Health & Safety Code, within ten years prior to the date of the entrance exam.
- Extensive use of any illegal drug will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Factors considered are number of times, length of usage and lifestyle improvements.
- A driving record that for the last three years indicates the following:
- Three or more moving violations
- Two moving violations and one preventable accident
- Two preventable accidents
A DWI / DUI or reckless driving conviction within the last ten years Not able to obtain a class "C" Texas drivers license
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!