City of Franklin - Franklin, Tennessee
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $79,787.00 annual
Purpose of Job Under limited supervision, assists the Chief with planning, organizing, and directing the activities of an assigned Division of the Police Department, which may include the Operations Division, the Criminal Investigation Division, or the Administration/Communications Division. Essential Job Duties
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates Police Department personnel, handling employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance evaluations.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the assigned division
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget estimate and departmental purchasing; maintains budgetary control over division spending.
- Supervises and participates in law enforcement activities
- Directs the investigation of continuing law enforcement problems, unusual or serious crimes, accidents, and other criminal incidents.
- Oversees crime prevention efforts and special programs
- Prepares or directs the preparation of reports including: Monthly reports on case assignments, case status, CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies) reports, case review.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university, plus ten years of progressive experience in law enforcement, including supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least five years of experience at the rank of Lieutenant or higher or equivalent responsibilities/job duties in an agency not possessing the rank of Lieutenant. Must be capable of being a graduate of an executive-level law enforcement-training program such as F.B.I. National Academy or Southern Police Institute. Candidates should possess demonstrated management and leadership skills, excellent communication skills, high integrity, and the ability to promote and lead excellence in public safety services. In particular, candidates should be skilled at developing partnerships, proactive problem solving, and working well with others in a manner that establishes trust and confidence. A Master’s degree in a related area is preferred. Eligible to become P.O.S.T. certified and able to obtain a Tennessee driver's license. EOE/Drug-free Workplace.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Bachelors Degree
- Experience: : 10 + years
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!