Sunnyside Police Department - Sunnyside, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,249.00 monthly
SUNNYSIDE POLICE DEPARTMENT 818 EAST EDISON AVENUE SUNNYSIDE, WASHINGTON 98944 www.ci.sunnyside.wa.us Classification: Communication Officer The City of Sunnyside is currently hiring for Communications Officers. Testing will continue until the position is filled. Salary Information: 2013: $3,249 - $3,950 per month DOQ / plus full benefits Description: Under direct supervision of the Jail Administrator and also reports to the Support Corporals as directed or assigned. Under general supervision receives emergency and non-emergency requests for law enforcement assistance. Evaluates the information provided to determine the appropriate jurisdiction, equipment and personnel to be dispatched. Operates a variety of electronic equipment to successfully dispatch the appropriate emergency response. Performs other duties as assigned. Applicants must successfully pass background check, polygraph, psychological evaluation must successfully pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. Applications and complete job description available at City of Sunnyside, 818 E. Edison Ave, Attn: HR, Sunnyside, WA 98944. The City of Sunnyside is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
To schedule pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on FIND JOBS and then EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Preferred
Job Requirements Age: 21 US Citizen: Yes High School Grad/GED: Yes or equivalent Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes. Bilingual preferred. Academy Certification: Must possess or obtain and maintain all licenses, registration and/or certifications needed to successfully perform the duties of dispatcher including ACCESS and First Aid/CPR. Prior Experience: Experience in a public safety communications or dispatch facility is preferred. Minimum Requirements:
- One year work experience in a fast-paced and multi-tasked public contact environment (e.g. bank teller, waiter) or a public safety communications environment.
- Must have computer and telephone work experience.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, excellent, effective listening skills, and the ability to speak English clearly and distinctly at all times, despite extreme stress.
- Must be able to type accurately and efficiently enter data.
- Must be able to type accurately at a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift, including day, swing or graveyard and work all days of the week including weekends and holidays; and overtime as needed.
- Practices, principles and procedures of law enforcement and criminal investigation.
- Modern methods and techniques used in the prevention, investigation, and suppression of criminal activities.
- Records retention requirements.
- The rights of suspects and defendants.
- Safety regulations and procedures and practice in law enforcement.
- City, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to police service.
- Supervisory principles, practices and methods.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!