Johnstown Police Department - Johnstown, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $45,311.00 annual
- Provide public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property and promoting good community relations.
- Investigate crimes, prepare reports and testify in a court of law.
- Conducts themselves in a manner consistent with high ethical standards.
- Performs other related police duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Johnstown, Colorado is ideally located in the heart of northern Colorado just 45 minutes north of Denver and only a few moments away from Loveland, Greeley and Ft. Collins. Johnstown is located in both Weld and Larimer Counties with five exits off of I-25 and HWY 60, as well as HWY 34 traveling through our jurisdiction. Johnstown has a current population of approximately 11,000 people; however, there are more than 700,000 people that live within 30 miles of Johnstown. The Johnstown Police Department has 16 sworn officers and 3 non-sworn employees.
- Age: : Minimum 21 years of age
- Education: : High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: : None needed put preferred
- Must be P.O.S.T. certified.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Must have no domestic violence convictions.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must pass a variety of tests to include written, oral board, psychological and background investigation.