RECRUIT and LATERAL CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICERS
City of Prescott - Prescott, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $42,660.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $60,736.00 annual
The City of Prescott Police Department delivers quality Community Based Policing in active partnership with the citizens we serve. We are seeking career and community oriented individuals who desire to be a professional, positive influence in their community. We serve a family-friendly community of approximately 40,000 residents, located adjacent to Prescott National Forest. Our beautiful town square is in the heart of historic downtown and is the site of year-round community activities.
WORK SCHEDULE: Officers work rotating schedules which may include days, nights, weekends and/or overtime. Work schedules are subject to change according to the needs of the community. SELECTION PROCESS: Includes written test and physical fitness test to be held the week of April 14, 2014 (descriptions and standards are included in this application package), verbal review board and staff interview(s). Applicants successful in the selection process may be placed on an eligibility list for further consideration. The list expires one year after testing. Candidates considered for employment must successfully complete a physical examination (including drug screening), psychological evaluation, polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation. Additional interview(s) may be scheduled with Chief of Police or his designee. For questions regarding our selection process, working conditions, or any other aspect of Prescott Police Department, contact our Training/Recruiting Section, Officer David Fuller, at (928) 777-1915 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For details about City of Prescott benefits, contact the City of Prescott Human Resources Department at (928) 777-1284 or (928) 777-1315.
- Age: : 21 before end of certification training
- Education: : High School or equivalent
- Experience: : See Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: MUST meet all Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board conditions for certification which include:
RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: After hire, employees must reside within 45 minutes driving time (under normal conditions) to the Police Department at 222 South Marina St, Prescott, AZ.
- at least 21 years of age before end of certification training
- high school graduate or equivalent
- United States citizen
- possess a valid Arizona motor vehicle operator’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a rigorous background investigation and other selection process criteria.
- Lateral applicants must successfully maintain certification as and be able to perform the essential functions of an AZPOST Certified Full Authority Peace Officer.
Sergeant Dave Fuller