Woodward Police Department - Woodward, Iowa
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $15.55 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $20.73 hourly
The City of Woodward is currently seeking applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer for the City of Woodward. State Certified Peace Officers are preferred but not required. Please Send Resumes to: 108 E. 1st Street P.O. Box 517 Woodward, IA 50276 All Resumes are due by March 14th 2014. The City of Woodward is an equal opportunity employer.
- Age: : 18 years of age
- Education: : high Highschool graduate or hold a GED certificate
- Experience: : Iowa Certified Peace Officer Preferred but not required.
- Be a U. S. Citizen and a resident of Iowa or intend to become a resident upon being employed
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Hold a valid Iowa driver's license
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol [modified for Chapter 400 civil service positions by §400.17 of the Code of Iowa]
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files and have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Successfully pass physical fitness tests (see chart below)
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED certificate
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the Occupational demands of law enforcement
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer).
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Undergo psychological testing.
- Undergo cognitive (Basic Skills) testing.