Police Dispatcher (Communications Operator)
Friendswood Police Department - Friendswood, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33,384.00 annual
The City of Friendswood is currently accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for full-time Communications Operator and part-time Communications Operator. The base salary range is $33,384 - $41,122 annually, DOQ. Shift work is required, and the candidate must have the ability to work under pressure. Required skills include speed typing (44 wpm), operation of radio, telephone, CRT, and related communications equipment. Strong communication skills and clear diction are required. Experience in public safety function, data entry and filing are preferred. Bi-lingual skills (Spanish/English) are encouraged, but not required. Selected applicants must be able to meet all TCOLE licensing requirements for telecommunications operator.
Only those applicants determined to be the best qualified will be contacted to proceed in the selection process. The selected applicant will be required to pass a drug screening test, medical examination, psychological and emotional examination along with a criminal background check. This position has a strong, competitive benefits package and a wide range of in-service training provided to career operators. The eligibility list will be good for one year. See the City’s website for more information or to obtain an application, www.friendswood.com. No phone calls please. The City of Friendswood is EOE/ADA and participates in E-Verify. Apply at City Hall 910 S. Friendswood Drive Friendswood, Texas 77546 Fax: 281-482-6491
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- minimum of 18 years of age
- valid Texas Driver’s License
- no family violence convictions
- no class A misdemeanor of felony convictions
- no class B misdemeanor conviction within the last ten (10) years
- not ever been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a B misdemeanor
- not been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for a B misdemeanor within the last ten (10) years from the date of the court order.
- Age: : 18
- Education: : diploma or equivlanet
- Experience: : preferred