Roswell Police Department - Roswell, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $38,043.00 annual
- $45,183.00 annual
Protect lives, property and rights of the public; enforce statutory law and municipal ordinances, respond to emergency/non-emergency situations, and investigate criminal activity. Position may also perform tasks relating to a special function or division as assigned. BENEFITS: Take home vehicle; Aetna medical/dental/life insurance; Defined Contribution Pension; 401A/457B Retirement; Tuition Reimbursement $5250/year; Career Development Plan; Pay incintive for education. SALARY: $38,043 - $45,183 depending on experience and education level
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS Applicants may be subjected to an intense background investigation to include previous drug use, financial standing, criminal history, driving history, undetected crimes and military history (if applicable). Applicants may be subjected to examinations including, but not limited to: polygraph(s), medical/physical, drug screen, psychological and physical fitness. The applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
In addition to one or more of the above requirements, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must have successfully completed and obtained Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) Basic Peace Officer Certification, as stated in OCGA 35-8-9, and be in good standing with P.O.S.T.
- Be actively enrolled in a Georgia P.O.S.T. recognized Basic Peace Officer Certification training course.
- Possess an active and valid sworn peace officer certification with arrest powers in any of the other US 49 states, equivalent within the respective state to GA P.O.S.T. Basic Peace Officer Certification, and comply with the minimum standards of Official Code of Georgia, Annotated (OCGA) 35-8-8.
Positions will be determined upon successful completion of the selection process as determined by the Chief of Police, or his or her designee. Employment will be contingent on successful competition of P.O.S.T. Basic Peace Officer training (if not already completed) and the Roswell Police Department Field Training program. This position also has a Lateral Entry Component. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must satisfy requirements stated in the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated (OCGA) 35-8-8. Must successfully complete a Peace Officer Basic training course, certified by the Georgia Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Council, as stated in OCGA 35-8-9. In addition, must successfully complete the Roswell Police Department Field Training Academy; the Field Training Office (FTO) assign must pass a medical/drug screen and pass an eye exam with a visual acuity of not greater than 20/100 uncorrected and 20/20 corrected. Must complete a physical fitness assessment. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license. Must complete a course of study prescribed for this position as outlined in the Career Development Plan.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent, as recognized by the Georgia Department of Education (Minimum GED score of 45 per section - total 225). Preferred: Minimum two years college from an accredited college or university.
- Must be a citizen, a repatriated citizen, or naturalized citizen of the United States.
- The applicant must have hearing acuity consistent with a “high-risk” public safety position. Police officer candidates will have no uncorrected hearing loss greater than 24 dB (decibels) for the average of frequencies 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, and 3000 Hz in the better ear. This is based on “Normal Hearing” as defined by the Fowler-Sabine or AMA Method as a hearing loss no greater than 24 dB at 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, 3000 Hz, 4000 Hz, 6000 Hz, and 8000 Hz in both the right and left ears, unaided.
- Visual acuity set at a limit of 20/100 in either eye uncorrected and 20/20 corrected with no uncorrected color blindness.
- The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at completion of Basic Mandate.
- The applicant must be willing to work in harmony and on any watch.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : high school
- Experience: : GA POST certified