City of Bowling Green - Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $34,458.00 annual
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 P.M., THURSDAY, APRIL 17, 2014 HIRING PROCEDURE: Successful candidates must pass written test, LESI (psychological test), very thorough background investigation, polygraph, and interview to be eligible for employment. TEST ADMINISTERED MAY 3, 2014.
Dispatchers respond to all emergency calls to the 911 system in Warren County, make appropriate reports and relay information as accurately and quickly as possible, and dispatch emergency services in response to calls. Employee monitors multiple radio frequencies while answering/handling phone and radio calls; constantly maintains officers and fire units’ status of activities to ensure safety of officers and firefighters. Employee also operates computer terminal, transmitting, obtaining and entering a variety of data and records; checks data as requested; prepares briefing sheets and various reports.
- Age: : 18+
- Education: : High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: : None
- Must be able to work under stress and remain calm during emergencies.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with callers, police officers, other agencies, and fire departments.
- Requires ability to quickly dispatch telephone and radio messages, and utilize computer for dispatching calls & data records; requires confidentiality in dealing with police records.
- Must be able to perform essential duties of position.
- Age 21+ preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required, with one to two years of administrative and computer experience.
- Must achieve appropriate state certification within one year of hire and must maintain certification.