Part-time Police/Fire Dispatcher
City of Upper Arlington - Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.88 hourly
UPPER ARLINGTON, OHIO DIVISION OF POLICE 3600 TREMONT ROAD UPPER ARLINGTON, OHIO 43221 www.uaoh.net/police Updated: March 20, 2014 Job Classification: Part-Time Police/Fire Communication Operator/Dispatcher The City of Upper Arlington is currently hiring for Part-Time Police/Fire Communication Operator/Dispatcher. All testing through National Testing Network must be completed by April 30, 2014. Please direct all testing questions to National Testing Network Customer Support. Please DO NOT call the City of Upper Arlington directly. For questions regarding the hiring process please email email@example.com. Salary Information: $18.88 hourly Description: Receives telephone calls and radio messages, and transmits voice radio messages to appropriate police, fire and City Service Personnel.
Examples of Duties:
- Receives and monitors telephone calls and other messages requiring police, fire and/or service department action, and transmits calls for service to appropriate law enforcement, fire/medical emergency and/or service personnel.
- Operates radio communication equipment.
- Uses standard operating procedures to send and receive radio and telephone messages.
- Receives and handles emergency or service calls by dispatching appropriate unit (s) to handle emergencies and/or service, and may assist the caller with pre-arrival instructions.
- Assists in a variety of clerical duties, which may include typing, and/or maintenance of police records.
- Makes calls to assist officers in investigating statements made by subjects being questioned, or to assist officers in investigating other situations.
- Operates equipment to enter data, to receive data, and to use data to advise police personnel as to whether vehicles and/or subjects are wanted for any reason(s).
- Answers telephone inquiries regarding reporting of crimes, and/or division policies or procedures in reporting or handling them.
- Monitors alarm panels.
- Performs Deputy Clerk of Court procedures involving setting and taking bonds and accepting payment of citations.
- Controls access to the Communications Unit.
- Participates in required training courses.
- Operates jail security equipment.
- Female Communications Operators perform matron duties in the absence of a female Police Officer.
- Operates Law Enforcement Automated Data Systems (LEADS) equipment.
- Serves as Terminal Agency Coordinator (T.A.C.) as designated.
- Uses a computer-aided dispatching system to assist in determining closest police/fire response.
- Contacts designated wrecker services as directed by officers.
- Age: : TBA
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Entry
Supplemental Information: Probationary Period: Part-Time and On-Call Dispatchers are on a permanent probationary status. Please carefully read the information below: There are three (3) positions available:
A) 2 On-call (hours will vary based on need) B) Wed - Sat, 7 pm - 11 pmPlease indicated the hours you are interested in. Please note: Applicants for this position are REQUIRED to register with National Testing Network and take the Emergency Communications Operator Exam before being considered. To schedule pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on FIND JOBS and then EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!