Director of Information Technology
Pasco Sheriff's Office - New Port Richey, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $80,246.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $122,116.00 annual
The Information Technology Department is under the Operations Logistics Bureau. The Director of Information Technology is responsible to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Director will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Director will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Strategy & Planning
IT Acquisition & Deployment
- Lead IT Division operational and strategic planning, including forecasting organizational needs, fostering innovation, and planning large diverse organizational projects.
Management of Operations
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, maintenance, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals within a large diverse organization.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and 24 x 7 technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree within a computer/information technology based field from an accredited university and six years related work experience in the public safety information technology field.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive Public Safety Application support experience including Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) and Federal Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) requirements.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, production orientated, collaborative environment.
- Age: : Minimum age 19
- Education: : Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience: : 6 Years in related field
Please visit our website at www.pascosheriff.com to apply!!