City of Chillicothe, OH Police Officer
Chillicothe Police Department - Chillicothe, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.92 hourly
Investigate complaints, crimes and traffic crashes, appropriate use of division facilities and equipment, enforce City Ordinances, state and federal laws and other regulations, write reports for input to division records system, perform public relations activities, maintain relationships with external agencies, maintain personal and professional competence and awareness.
City of Chillicothe Civil Service is the test administrator and questions and Calls can be placed to their office at 740-773-8004. Most information can be answered by going to the Chillicothe Police website at www.chillicothepolice.com which also has direct links to the application and job posting. Information can also be found on the cities website, www.chillicothepolice.com under "city Government" then civil service.
- Age: : 21 years old minimum, no Maximum
- Education: : High School or pass GED
- Experience: : OPOTA certification preferred, but not required
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Must be 21 years old at the time of appointment
- Must possess/maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license as a condition of employment.
- Must successfully complete Basic Peace Officer certification training within one year of hiring and at time offered.
- Must pass a police and BCI/FBI background check.
- Must remain insurable under the city’s insurance policy.
- Must pass physical examination and extensive cardio pulmonary stress tests.
- Must pass psychological examination.
- Must pass Ohio Peace Officer physical fitness requirements prior to appointment.