Deputy Sheriff, Recruit
Clackamas County - Oregon City, Oregon
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $21.77 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $24.01 hourly
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office is seeking highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for Deputy Sheriff, Recruit.
You Must apply online to be considered. Please go to www.clackamas.us and click on the "Jobs" link. This is a 2 part application and both an online application must be submitted and a Statement of Personal History. More information can be found on the Job Announcement on our website.
- Age: : 21 by the close date (4/21/14)
- Education: : Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalency.
- Experience: : Entry Level
- Must be 21 years of age as of the close date of the recruitment.
- Must be a United States citizen or be within a year of hire.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalency.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and the ability to obtain a valid driver's license.
- Must be free from criminal convictions other than minor traffic violations.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must pass an extensive post offer pre- employment occupational medical exam and psychological evaluation.
- Must successfully pass a post offer pre- employment drug test.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have fingerprints filed with the State.
- Must be legally able to possess a firearm.
- Corrected vision shall be at least 20/30 in each eye. Depth Perception shall be sufficient to demonstrate stereopsis adequate to perform the essential tasks of the job. Visual Field Performance shall be 140 degrees in the horizontal meridian combined.
- Must have hearing in both ears sufficient enough to perform essential tasks without posing a direct threat to themselves or others. The applicant must have no average loss greater than 25 decibels (db) at the 500, 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000-Hertz levels in either ear with no single loss in excess of 40 db.
- Must be able to be certified as a Civilian Police Officer/Deputy by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Must meet the Minimum Standards for Employment as a Law Enforcement Officer as provided for in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 259-008-0010.
- Knowledge of civil law and first aid.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Knowledge of police practices and techniques of investigations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!