Clackamas County - Oregon City, Oregon
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $26.50 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $33.92 hourly
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office is seeking experienced, highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for Deputy Sheriff. This recruitment is open to applicants who are currently or have been a certified civilian police officer within the last five years & have at least eighteen (18) months or more of law enforcement experience as a uniformed civilian peace officer/deputy. Oregon Department of Standards and Training (DPSST) maintains authority to determine acceptable lateral transfer of out of state certification to Oregon. Applicants not meeting this criteria will be inactivated. If you are not currently or have not been a CERTIFIED CIVILIAN Police Officer/Deputy within the last five years, please apply for the Recruit Deputy Sheriff position.
You must apply online to be considered. This is a 2 part application. You must submit your online application and submit a Statement of Personal History - more information can be found on the job announcement on our website. Please go to www.clackamas.us and click on the "Jobs" link for more information and to apply.
- Age: : 21 by the close date (4/21/14)
- Education: : Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalency.
- Experience: Must be currently or have been certified as a certified civilian police officer within the last five years & have at least eighteen (18) months or more of law enforcement experience as a uniformed civilian peace officer/deputy. Must be 21 years of age as
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
Preferred Special Qualifications/Transferrable Skills:
- Must be a United States citizen or be within a year.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and the ability to obtain a valid driver's license.
- Must be free from criminal convictions other than minor traffic violations.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must pass an extensive post offer pre- employment occupational medical exam and psychological evaluation.
- Must successfully pass a post offer pre- employment drug test.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have fingerprints filed with the State.
- Corrected vision shall be at least 20/30 in each eye. Depth Perception shall be sufficient to demonstrate stereopsis adequate to perform the essential tasks of the job. Visual Field Performance shall be 140 degrees in the horizontal meridian combined.
- Must have hearing in both ears sufficient enough to perform essential tasks without posing a direct threat to themselves or others. The applicant must have no average loss greater than 25 decibels (db) at the 500, 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000-Hertz levels in either ear with no single loss in excess of 40 db.
- Must be able to be certified as a Civilian Police Officer/Deputy by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Must meet the Minimum Standards for Employment as a Law Enforcement Officer as provided for in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 259-008-0010.
- Knowledge of State and County criminal and traffic laws
- Knowledge of police methods and procedures
- Knowledge of laws governing arrest, search and seizure, criminal justice system, including courtroom testimony.
- Knowledge of police investigative procedures and techniques.
- Experience properly utilizing police equipment and techniques including firearms and restraining devices.
- Experience conducting investigations, collecting, evaluating and analyzing facts to draw correct conclusions
- Experience driving an automobile in various weather conditions and in high speed pursuits.
- Experience thinking clearly and performing effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
- Experience communicating effectively, both orally and in writing