Police Officer - Notice of Civil Service Examination
City of San Marcos - San Marcos, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,854.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $4,047.00 monthly
The City of San Marcos will conduct a Civil Service Examination in order to establish an eligibility list for hiring Police Officers. This eligibility list will be in effect for a period of one year from test date or until the list has been exhausted, whichever occurs first. Test Date: May 23, 2014 Time: NO ADMITTANCE TO THE TEST SITE AFTER 8:30 AM Place: San Marcos Activity Center 501 E. Hopkins San Marcos, Texas 78666 Starting Salary: Cadet $3,854 Monthly ($46,247 Annual) TCLEOSE Certified $4,047 Monthly ($48,560 Annual) Physical Fitness Assessment: Candidates should be prepared to take the Physical Fitness Assessment in the afternoon: Date: May 23, 2014 Time: 1:00 PM Place: Owen Goodnight Middle School Track (track located behind the school) 1301 State Highway 123 San Marcos,TX 78666
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE: Must be at least twenty years plus six months of age at the time of hire and not more than forty-four years of age at the time of hire. Education:
- is a high school graduate; o
- has 12 semester hours credit from an accredited college or university; or
- has passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating high school graduation level;
- Applicants with a GED must submit a certificate by the issuing agency (i.e.: Texas Education Agency).
- Must comply with all applicable Civil Service requirements and regulations. Additionally, The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education has clear rules on eligibility and licensing for individuals to be Peace Officers.
For essential job information and to access on-line application, please visit: jobs.sanmarcostx.gov
- Proof of valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Birth Certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Forty (40) minute response time from permanent residence to corporate City limit.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!