City of Bowling Green - Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $36,794.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $36,794.00 annual
Application packets are available for Police Officer openings that will be filled in 2014. Applications are accepted twice a year, so now is the time to apply if you want to join one of the most progressive police departments in Kentucky. Starting pay - $36,794 (FY14) ($39,894 upon completion of basic training). MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
Preference will be given to individuals with 60 college credit hours OR 4 yrs. military service (active or reserve) OR certified officers not currently under contract with another law enforcement agency. Out-of-state officers must provide documentation of ability to become KY certified at time of application. Tattoos cannot be visible while in uniform and body studs and/or earrings will not be worn while on-duty. SELECTION CRITERIA – MUST PASS
- Age 21 by May 29, 2014
- Good driving, police, personal, & employment record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- U. S. Citizen
- Valid driver’s license
- Males between 18 & 26 registered with the Selective Service
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Written test indicating interest in related work, reading comprehension, ability to interpret information, map reading, mechanical aptitude, reasoning ability.
- Physical agility test, including job-related practical skills.
- Oral interview; polygraph; psychological test; background investigation; drug test.
HOW TO GET AN APPLICATION AND MORE INFORMATION Complete application packets are available on our website at www.bgky.org or in the Human Resources Department, Bowling Green City Hall, 1001 College Street, weekdays 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. Central Time. Applicants who live outside of Warren County can download the packet from our website. Completed applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m., May 2. The City of Bowling Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace.
- May 2 – deadline to submit completed applications
- May 10 – Practice Sessions POPS Fitness Test and Written Study Session
- May 17 – Written Test, Psychological Test immediately after
- May 29 & 30 – State certification physical agility and psychological testing
- June 2 – August 8 – Polygraph/Psychological Evaluation/Backgrounds/Oral Interview
- October 6 – Candidates start to work
- October 20 – 18 week Basic Training begins
- March 20, 2015 – Graduation of Basic Academy
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: : None
Applicants must submit an application. Visit our website: www.bgky.org/jobs for applications and additional information.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!