Northwest Central Dispatch System - Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $48,550.00 annual
NORTHWEST CENTRAL DISPATCH SYSTEM 1975 E. DAVIS STREET ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS 60005 www.nwcds.org Updated: April 11, 2014 Job Classification: Telecommunicator Salary Information:
Benefit Information: Competitive Benefit package Contact Information: Christine Zatz Administrative Assistant email@example.com Department Overview: Northwest Central Dispatch System, located in Arlington Heights, is the primary answering point and dispatch center for 11 villages/cities in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The telecommunicators are represented by the Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP). Responsibilities of the Position include but are not limited to:
- Starting Salary – no experience: $48,550
- Starting Salary – 2 years 9-1-1 experience: $53,377
- Questioning callers to determine their locations, and the nature of their problems to determine type of response needed.
- Receiving incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police, fire and ambulance service.
- Determining response requirements and relative priorities of situations, and dispatching units in accordance with established procedures.
- Recording details of calls, dispatches, and messages.
- Entering, updating, and retrieving information from teletype networks and computerized data systems regarding such things as wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, and stolen vehicles.
- Maintaining access to, and security of, highly sensitive materials.
- Relaying information and messages to and from emergency sites, to law enforcement agencies, and to all other individuals or groups requiring notification.
- Scanning status and computer monitors, and contacting emergency response field units to determine emergency units available for dispatch.
- Observing alarm monitors and scanning maps to determine whether a specific emergency is in the dispatch service area.
- Maintaining files of information relating to emergency calls such as personnel rosters, and emergency call-out and pager files.
Applicants must complete a Northwest Central Dispatch Application and complete pre-tests administered by NWCDS. The application can be found HERE. The application period closes May 2, 2014.
- Age: : TBA
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Entry
US Citizen: Lawfully work in US Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes Vision: Ability to discern visual images on a variety of media Necessary Certifications: CPR, Emergency Medical Dispatcher, Emergency Fire Dispatcher and LEADS certification a plus Example of Duties: Other Qualifications:
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Ability to transition smoothly between multiple keyboards, radio transmit buttons, touch screen monitors and computer printers
- Able to work days, evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- The successful candidate must pass an applicant testing process, oral interview, pre-employment background investigation and a post offer medical screening, which will include an audiogram, drug screen and a psychological evaluation