Camden Police Department - Camden, Arkansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $29,000.00 annual
The Police Officer performs general duty police work in the protection of life and property by performing a variety of tasks through the proper and lawful enforcement of the laws and ordinances of the City of Camden and the State of Arkansas; performs related work as required.
- Starting salary range is $29K - $30K after 1 year.
- Uniform allowance $700 first year, $600 annually thereafter.
- Take home vehicle benefit after 1 year for employees residing in Camden.
- Educational Incentive Pay up to 10% of base salary (based on college credit hours).
- Certificate Pay up to 10% of base salary.
- Three weeks paid annual vacation (accrue 15 days vacation leave annually).
- Sick leave benefits (accrue 15 days first year of employment and 20 days thereafter).
- Health and Life Insurance premiums for the employee and the majority of family coverage are paid by City of Camden.
- Excellent retirement benefits.
- Age: : Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education: : High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Experience: : None Will Train Candidates will Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Citizen of the United States.
- Felony and some misdemeanor convictions are disqualifying.
- Must pass a physical and psychological examination and drug screen.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must pass Police Officer Entrance Examination and be interviewed by the Civil Service Commission.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must pass a physical agility test.
- Candidates should make themselves familiar with the Department's tattoo, piercing and body scaring policy.
- Copies maybe obtained at the Department during normal business hours.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!