Galesburg Police Department - Galesburg, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $22.07 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $26.89 hourly
The City of Galesburg, Illinois is recruiting interested candidates to apply for the position of Police Patrol Officer for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list for the Galesburg Police Department. ALL applicants must complete an online application at: www.ci.galesburg.il.us/government/human_resources/ Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application, but may be submitted in addition. Applications must be received before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 13, 2014. TEST DATE: Saturday, June 14, 2014
The selection process involves a series of evaluations and examinations that include: orientation, physical aptitude test and a written exam. Those who place in the top 20 on the preliminary eligibility list will then have an oral interview. Additional tests for some may include a background investigation, polygraph, psychological exam, medical exam and drug screen. Applicants approved for examination will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability prior to taking the physical aptitude test. Applicants who continue through the selection process will be required to provide copies of any Military Service Records or Discharge Papers (if applicable), Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, High School Diploma or G.E.D., and certified college transcripts.
- Age: : 21-35 (20 yrs of age to test)
- Education: : 60 semester/credit hours in an approved college-level law enforcement program or equivalent
- AGE: Must be 20 years of age to test and 21 years of age at time of appointment. Applicants shall be under 35 years of age at the time of application and posting of the final eligibility list, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Illinois Fire and Police Commissioner's Act.
- DRIVER'S LICENSE: Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- EDUCATION: A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) is required plus 60 semester/credit hours in an approved college-level law enforcement program or other related courses.
- PHYSICAL APTITUDE: Must participate in a physical agility test.
- MORAL CHARACTER: Be of good moral character with no felony convictions.
- CITIZENSHIP: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.