University of Houston-Clear Lake - Houston, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $17.55 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $17.55 hourly
The work involves an element of danger. Specific assignments are received from supervisory officers and are carried out in accordance with established rules and procedures. The employee, however, normally acts without direct supervision while on patrol and must be able to use independent judgment in emergencies. Work is reviewed through written and oral reports and inspections. Preventative campus patrol, both inside buildings and outside, on foot and with vehicle. Includes traffic and parking enforcement. Responding to and documenting calls for service and recording criminal offense reports. Investigating criminal offenses reported to the police department. This includes interviewing complainants, witnesses, as well as suspects. Maintaining lost and found property/evidence collection, preservation, identification, storage, release and destruction. Assisting citizens through safety escorts, ancillary vehicle services. Committee Assignments intended for department participatory management. Problem solving quality of life issues for campus community.
- The Police Officer position is responsible for general police work, for the protection of life, liberty and property, the enforcement of all laws of the State of Texas and the rules and regulations of the University
- the detection of such violations
- preservation of peace and public order
- prevention and repression of crime
- apprehension of violators of the law
- giving aid to those persons requiring assistance
Work Schedule: ROTATING SHIFT WORK REQUIRED. The person in this position is expected to work ALL rotating shifts to include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. An evening shift differential of $0.25 per hour and a night shift differential of $0.40 per hour will be applied as appropriate.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High school diploma or GED with 12 semester hours of college credit.
- Experience: : Certification from an accredited basic police officer school within the past two years or a current Peace Officer License issued by TCLEOSE.
Security Sensitive position-preliminary background, criminal history and motor vehicle record checks required. Physical, drug screening, and psychological testing also required post job offer. Testing Requirements: Spelling, grammar and math. Testing must be successfully completed before your application will receive further consideration. Please test at your earliest convenience. Applicants only have 3 attempts to successfully complete each test. Special Consideration: Bachelor’s Degree. One year full time commissioned police officer with no more than one year break in service prior to appointment.
- High school diploma or GED with 12 semester hours of college credit.
- Certification from an accredited basic police officer school within the past two years or a current Peace Officer License issued by TCLEOSE.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, departmental and University policy, procedures, rules, regulations and the laws of the State of Texas.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, other law enforcement agencies and the public.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt a quick, effective and reasonable course of action.
- Ability to learn the use and care of firearms and specialized equipment.
- Ability to observe situations, to report and record them daily, including writing narrative reports.
- Ability to display good skill in the use of a police vehicle and attached equipment.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!