City of Mason Police Department - Mason, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25.15 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $35.61 hourly
The City of Mason Police Department is a community-oriented policing agency and believes that contemporary challenges require the police to provide full-service policing, proactive and reactive, by involving the community directly with them as partners in the process of identifying, prioritizing, and solving problems. Citizens share in the rights and responsibilities implicit in identifying, prioritizing, and solving problems as full fledged partners with the police.
- Hiring Range: Per contract $25.15 to $35.61
- Posted: April 18, 2014
- Closes: Noon, May 17, 2014
- Test Date: Sunday, May 18, 2014
- Department: Police
- Status: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Applications for this position must be filled out online by visiting WWW.IMAGINEMASON.ORG and clicking on employment at the bottom of the page. It will take about two hours to complete the application and assessment tests. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of requested material. Additional documentation will not be accepted at this time; any forwarded will be destroyed.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Diploma
- Experience: : Posses or be able to obtain a valid Ohio driver's license
Physical Requirements OPOTA Standards
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age at the time of the written test.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Ohio driver’s license by the time of appointment.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Non-Certified officers must complete state mandated training of 17 weeks.
- All officers must complete a City of Mason Police Field Training Program lasting a minimum of 3 to 4 months.
- Officers are required to qualify several times a year with on- and off-duty weapons, as well as additional training on an electronic firearms system that focuses on prudent decision making in the use of force.