Police Cadet - University of Texas San Antonio PD
Police Officer Trainee
University of Texas San Antonio Police Department - San Antonio, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $29,000.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $38,000.00 annual
Position Responsibilities: For the complete job description, please visit the www.utsajobs.com website.
- Attends classes and maintains comprehensive notebooks of subjects covered in classes.
- Prepares research papers. Completes homework assignments.
- Actively participates in classroom discussions and group projects.
- Complies with established rules and regulations governing The University of Texas System Police Academy or the regional academy.
- Participates in the physical training program, firearms training, defensive tactics program and practical problems.
- Complies with assignments and instructions given by the Director of Police, The University of Texas System or by any member of any Academy staff.
- Complies with policies of respective component institution police departments relating to his/her status and attendance at the Academy.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Adheres to rules and regulations promulgated by the Board of Regents' of The University of Texas System.
- Will be required to attend 4 week lateral academy as soon as available upon completion of AACOG Academy. Hotel and per diem will be paid by the department.
- Work on special projects and perform other tasks as assigned
Applications Accepted ONLY on UTSA HR Jobs Website: www.utsajobs.com Anticipated Start Date at UTSA: October 2014 (Academy begins) approx. 6 months in length Salary: $29,000/While in Academy - $32,000/During Field Training - $38,000/Upon completion of Academy + State of Texas benefits packageSupplemental pay for TCOLE certification, education incentive & hazardous pay duty.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Graduated High School or completed GED
- Experience: : Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
Must meet the prerequisites established by the Office of the Director of Police, the regional academy the cadet will be attending, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education and the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents’ concerning age requirements, physical, mental and education standards. Applications Accepted ONLY on UTSA HR Jobs Website: www.utsajobs.com