Linn County Sheriff's Office - Albany, Oregon
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,149.00 monthly
LINN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE 1115 SE JACKSON STREET ALBANY, OREGON 97322 www.LinnSheriff.org Updated: April 23, 2014 Job Classification: Communications Dispatcher The Linn County Sheriff's Office is currently building an ongoing eligibility list for Communications Dispatcher. Testing for this position is through National Testing Network (NTN). Lateral applications are being accepted. Please make note of your previous experience in your application, and PHQ. For lateral hires, salary compensation will be based on current experience level and pay (to be determined). The Linn County Sheriff's Office requires the candidate PHQ. Candidates can access this questionnaire through their NTN candidate account. Please complete the PHQ as soon as possible as it is required for your hiring process. Salary Information: Up to $4,149 Benefit Information:
Contact Information: Debbi Harrell Recruitment/Training email@example.com Department Information: Please visit www.LinnSheriff.org to learn about the experience of being a valuable member of our team at the Linn County Sheriff’s Office. Area Information: Linn County, Oregon is a county of approximately 2,300 square miles encompassing the very best Oregon has to offer. Extending from the confluence of the Willamette River and the Santiam River, to the crest of the Cascade Mountain Range, Linn County’s terrain is as diverse as its people. From grass seed farming and specialized metals fabrication, to high-tech automation and lumber mills, Linn County is the sought-after area in Oregon for people to call home. Population: 118,000
- The potential of 17% additional pay for certification, education, and bi-lingual.
- The Linn County Sheriff’s Office provides an excellent health coverage plan for employee and eligible dependents, including medical, vision, prescription, dental, and optional life insurance, and long term disability.
- Uniform shirts are provided.
- Shift overtime is paid at 1.5 times the regular rate of pay (can be re-directed to employee’s deferred comp plan too).
- Linn County Sheriff’s Office Deputies are enrolled in a retirement plan through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), with county-pickup, along with 1% county-pickup deferred compensation plan.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time
- Ability to accrue up to 60 hours in Comp Time
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on FIND JOBS and then EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Customer Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Grad
- Experience: : Entry or Lateral
Job Requirements Age: 21 US Citizen: Yes High School Grad/GED: Yes Valid OREGON State Driver's License: Yes Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes Vision: Department of Public Safety Standards and Training requirement of at least 20/30 corrected. Necessary Certifications: Be able to be certified as a corrections officer by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training - DPSST Minimum Standards of Employment as a Telecommunicator and Emergency Medical Dispatcher are located at www.oregon.gov/DPSST (Administrative Rule 259-008-0011 and OAR 104-060). Tentative Hiring Process:
Full Job Description & Details: Please refer to the official Linn County job description for this position located HERE.
- Review of NTN testing scores (ECOMM)
- Review of NTN Application and Personal History Questionnaire
- Informal 10-15 minute face-to-face interview for eligible and invited applicants.
- Formal oral board face-to-face interview for eligible and invited applicants.
- Pre-employment background investigation selected top candidates
- Conditional offer of employment extended to selected top candidates only. Hire contingent upon the successful completion of the following screening processes:
- Pre-employment psychological evaluation
- Pre-employment medical evaluation
- Pre-employment drug screening
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!