Police Officer - Lateral
University of Texas San Antonio Police Department - San Antonio, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $38,000.00 annual
- Perform law enforcement duties on the property under the control and jurisdiction of the University of Texas System.
- Preserve the peace by the use of all lawful means, interceding, when authorized by law, to prevent or suppress crime.
- Execute all lawful process.
- Arrest offenders with and without warrant when authorized by law.
- Investigate criminal offenses to detect and arrest criminals, and recover stolen or lost property.
- Attempt to locate missing persons.
- Enforce traffic law by detecting violations, making violator contacts, placing violators in custody or issuing citations or warnings.
- Investigate motor vehicle collisions.
- Prepare various written reports narrating law enforcement and police activities.
- Give testimony in the criminal courts of this state and the United States. Confers with prosecuting attorneys, preserves evidence, and maintains confidential information.
- Confer with local law enforcement, criminal justice and emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act)
- Discuss cases with prosecuting attorneys, prepare evidence, and appear as a witness in court.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applications Accepted ONLY on UTSA HR Jobs Website: www.utsajobs.com Salary: Commensurate with experience. Must successfully complete a minimum six-month probationary period immediately following commissioning as a Police Officer. Applicants with more extensive education and experience than what is required by this position may be considered for Police Officer I or Police Officer II positions based on applicant pool. Final hire will be required to attend Lateral Police academy in Austin for 4 weeks within one year of hire as a police officer. Date to be determined when available. Room and board paid while attending the academy. Application submitted must detail at least the minimum requirements of this position. Please note that effective June 1, 2014 UTSA will become a tobacco-free campus. This position is in UTSA Business Affairs, whose employees are proud to operate under the following guiding principles:Supplemental pay for TCOLE certification, education incentive & hazardous pay duty.
- We partner to deliver excellent service
- We respect and care for each other
- We value and empower people
- We create positive change
- We do the right thing.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Graduated High School or completed GED
- Experience: : N/A
Applications Accepted ONLY on UTSA HR Jobs Website: www.utsajobs.com
- Personal computers and standard office equipment.
- Proficient with standard officer communications, investigative and surveillance equipment.
- Successful completion of a TCOLE approved Basic Peace Officer Course by date of hire.
- Successful passing of TCOLE licensing exam by date of hire.
- No experience required. (Note that applicants with more extensive education and experience may be considered for Police Officer I or Police Officer II positions based on applicant pool.)
- Must hold or be able to obtain a Peace Officer Commission, issued by the Director of the Police of the University of Texas System.
- Valid driver's license not subject to suspension.
- Currently have or ability to obtain valid Texas driver's license by first day of employment.
- Must be eligible to drive a University owned or leased motor vehicle. Must meet UTS157 prerequisites established by the Office of the Director of Police, the Board of Regents, and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Must have the physical and mental capabilities to properly carry out responsibilities and duties as a commissioned police officer of The University of Texas System Police to include passing a physical agility test.
- Proficient with firearms, restraints, less lethal force weapons and techniques, and automobiles.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!