Rhode Island State Police - North Scituate, Rhode Island
- Entry Level Salary:
- $50,799.00 annual
The Rhode Island State Police is a full service, statewide law enforcement agency whose mission is to fulfill the law enforcement needs of the people with the highest degree of fairness, professionalism, and integrity, and to protect the inherent rights of the people to live their lives in freedom and safety. To this end, Division employees shall perform their respective patrol, investigative, and support functions to the best of their ability and cooperate with other State, local, and federal authorities.
• An applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
• An applicant must possess a valid operator's license.
• An applicant must have reached the age of eighteen (18) in order to be admitted as a candidate to the Rhode Island State Police Training Academy. The maximum age of admission is age thirty-five (35).
• An applicant must be a high school graduate, or have obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) issued by a State Department of Education.
• There are no maximum or minimum height requirements.
• An applicant's weight must be in proportion to his/her height.
• An applicant must possess visual acuity of 20/40 (binocular vision) or better without correction, and visual acuity of 20/20 or better with corrective lenses (glasses/contact lenses).
• An applicant must possess normal color and depth perception as determined by a Division physician.
• An applicant must possess normal hearing ability, as determined by a Division physician, without the use of mechanical or electronic aids.
- Age: 18 - 35
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None
All applicants must apply on-line, http://www.risp.ri.gov/recruitment/ by May 31, 2014.
Rhode Island State Police
311 Danielson Pike
North Scituate, Rhode Island 02857
phone: (401) 444-1191