Forest Hill Police Officer
Forest Hill Police Department - Forest Hill, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,576.00 annual
Police Officer Description: To identify criminal activity and apprehend offenders. To enforce the laws of the City of Forest Hill, the State of Texas and of the United States. To protect property and lives entrusted to the police officer.
The Forest Hill Police Department is hiring for the position of Police Officer. An entrance examination will be held May 31, 2014, 9:00 am, at the Forest Hill Civic and Convention Center, 6901 Wichita Street, Forest Hill, TX 76119. Candidates interested in taking the entrance examination must have the Job Qualification Questionnaire and all required documents submitted to the Civil Service Director by May 22, 2014. Seating is limited and submission of all required documents are required to reserve a seat. Civil Service Regulations will apply. A Job Description, Job Qualification Questionnaire and Notice of Written Examination can be obtained by going to www.foresthilltx.org/citygov/jobs.htm openings. Study Guides are available at Forest Hill City Hall, located at 3219 California Parkway, Forest Hill, TX 76119. Monthly Incentives
Applications are available at City Hall and must be submitted to: Jacquelyn Hall Civil Service Director The City of Forest Hill 3219 California Pkwy Forest Hill, TX 76119 Applications must be made on or before May 22, 2014, at 5 pm. You may also contact the Forest Hill Police Department Recruiter (Captain J. Cozby at 817-937-2801 for more information. You may send email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org The City of Forest Hill is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Intermediate Peace Officer License - $50.00
- Advanced Peace Officer License - $150.00
- Master Peace Officer License - $175.00
- Associates Degree - $50.00
- Bachelor Degree - $75.00
- Masters Degree - $100.00
- Doctorate Degree - $300.00
- Crime Scene - $150.00
- Community Relations - $150.00
- Age: : 21-44 Years of Age
- Education: : High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: : TCOLE Certified Preferred but not Required
Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Upon successful completion of the written examination, candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a thorough background investigation, an oral board examination, and an interview with the Chief of Police. Candidates will also be expected to pass a qualifying physical agility test, a psychological test, polygraph examination and medical examination including drug screening. Entrance Examination The entrance examination will consist of a written examination from which the eligibility list will be established.The eligibility list will remain in effect for a twelve month period. Candidates who pass the written examination will then be subject to the above listed exams outlined under ‘Requirements’.
- TCOLE Peace Officer certification preferred
- Ability to act quickly and calmly under emergency conditions
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- Physical ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Physical ability to walk, run, climb or crawl in pursuit of suspects; to drag and lift an average body weight; to work outdoors in inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
- Minimum age requirement – 21 years of age
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!