Part Time Police Officer
Sleepy Hollow Police Department
The Village of Sleepy Hollow Illinois is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of part-time Police Officer. The applicant will perform duties to include but not limited to:
• Enforcing traffic, criminal laws and local ordinances
• Provide emergency response as needed
• Write reports
• Handle traffic crashes
• Attend court as needed
• Handle any and all other duties assigned
• Work a minimum of four shifts and provide availability for eight shifts, each month on all shifts including weekends and holidays. We will try to work with you on hours if you have a full-time 40 hour a week job.
Minimum qualifications include:
• 21 years of age
• U.S. Citizen
• High school graduate (or equivalent)
• Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record
• Valid FOID card
• Good moral character
• Good mental and physical condition
• No felony or domestic violence convictions
• Willingness to work all shifts (with an emphasis for night shifts)
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays
• MUST BE a graduate of one of either the full-time or part-time sworn officer Illinois training programs and be State of Illinois certified, or have the appropriate training and certification from another state that is compatible with Illinois training requirements.
All qualified applications will be required to:
• Pass an oral interview,
• Pass a thorough background investigation,
• Pass a pre-employment drug screening, and possibly a psychological evaluation after acceptance of appointment
• Complete a Reimbursement Agreement for costs incurred by the Village of Sleepy Hollow for the applicant, should the applicant voluntarily leave the police department within the first year of employment.
Providing an application does not automatically guarantee you will be hired and we reserve the right to hire based on our hiring policies/procedures and the successful completion of our detailed pre-employment background investigation and approval by our Chief of Police, and the Village of Sleepy Hollow Village Board.
We have an on-going process of taking applications.
If you are not currently certified and/or a sworn police officer, please do not submit an application.
The initial Basic Pre-Application may be obtained by visiting the Village of Sleepy Hollow Illinois police website at www.shpd.org
Sleepy Hollow Police Department,
One Thorobred Ln.
Sleepy Hollow, Il 60118
Monday – Friday 7 AM- 3:30 PM
Basic Pre-Applications may be returned via U.S. postal mail or in person at the above address.
Age: 21 years of age or older
Education: H.S. Diplomma or GED
Experience: One year or more Certified Illinois Police Officer