The University of Texas Police at Houston (UTP-H) is a member of the University of Texas System Police. It is staffed with a dedicated team of sworn and civilian professionals that serve, protect and preserve the “daily campus life” at the number-one cancer center in the nation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (US News & World Report), and the prestigious University of Texas Health Sciences Center (UT-Health). Both institutions are part of the world’s largest medical complex, The Texas Medical Center located in the heart of the nation’s energy capital, Houston, Texas. UTP-H is responsible for law enforcement, security and personal safety services. Accredited since 1994 it has most recently received meritorious accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®).
We are currently accepting applications for a Metrics Analyst. The primary purpose of the Metrics Analyst is to establish, implement, and publish strategic measurements and metrics pertaining to law enforcement and security activities that are aligned with the departmental and institutional business goals and objectives. The position impacts data collection, data management and data analysis.
1. Conducts research, analyzes and data collection from a variety of sources to identify and evaluate various law enforcement and security activities, including but not limited to crime patterns and trends, emergency preparedness, staffing models, and security technology.
2. Uses probability studies and complex statistical analyses such as random sampling, correlation, and regression analysis to develop and test hypotheses and make predictions concerning law enforcement and security activities.
3. Develops summaries, databases, statistical reports, spreadsheets, charts, maps, diagrams, graphs, and geographical information systems to visualize, track and present findings related to law enforcement and security activities, patterns, and trends; prepares and distributes periodic and ad hoc reports.
4. Coordinates with others to develop and support the accurate reporting and analysis of key law enforcement and security measurements.
5. Other duties as assigned.
The salary range for this position is $66,400 to $99,600, and starting pay is on a sliding scale
commensurate with experience. We also offer tuition reimbursement through a Cohort (up to $5,250 a year). We offer excellent benefits, to include paid time off, paid holidays and the opportunity to earn up to 32 additional hours of time off based on performance.
To apply, please visit www.mdanderson.org/careers and search for key word “Metrics” or requisition number 4429BR. For further information or questions, please contact Sgt. Gabe Wisneski at 713-563- 2154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Experience: Five years of data analysis experience. With preferred degree, three years’ experience in data analysis.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Preferred: Certifications for crime analysis and/or law enforcement intelligence analysis.
Required: Five years of data analysis experience. With preferred degree, three years’ experience in data analysis.
Preferred: Five years of data analysis experience, three of which were in a law enforcement agency.