Police Records Specialist
University of Texas Police at Houston - Houston, Texas
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33,600.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $50,400.00 annual
The University of Texas Police at Houston (UTP-H) is a member of the University of Texas System Police. It is staffed with a dedicated team of sworn and civilian professionals that serve, protect and preserve the “daily campus life” at the number-one cancer center in the nation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (US News & World Report), and the prestigious University of Texas Health Sciences Center (UT-Health). Both institutions are part of the world’s largest medical complex, The Texas Medical Center located in the heart of the nation’s energy capital, Houston, Texas. UTP-H is responsible for law enforcement, security and personal safety services. Accredited since 1994 it has most recently received meritorious accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA®).
We are currently accepting applications for a Police Records Specialist. The primary purpose of the Police Records Specialist is maintaining law enforcement records for UTP-H and the institution. Impacts UTP-H and institutional compliance with federal and state reporting and records management requirements.
1. Responsible for compiling and maintaining complex police data and records.
2. Performs analysis of police incident and offense reports daily to ensure accuracy and notifies appropriate staff of necessary revisions.
3. Assists with the processing of legal documentation and requests for police and departmental records.
4. Assists with preparing and maintaining various departmental and institutional reports and logs.
5. Ensures compliance with legislative mandates, judicial directives and legal processes.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Age: N/A
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: Four years of experience in legal documentation and/or records management to include two years of experience in law enforcement field.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates degree in Criminal Justice or Business.
Preferred: Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) issued by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA).
Required: Four years of experience in legal documentation and/or records management to include two years of experience in law enforcement field.
Preferred: Four years of experience in the law enforcement field.
This position requires working in an office environment.
Sgt. Gabe Wisneski
University of Texas Police at Houston
7777 Knight Road
Houston, Texas 77054
phone: (713) 563-2154
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!